About Straight Street Life Coaching
Talking with a Certified Adolescent Life Coach can help a young person say, “I really want to do this” confidently, proudly and without guilt.
We coach adolescents and young adults (13-21).
Young people who visit a life coach can benefit in the following ways:
● They get the opportunity to talk about difficult subjects, such as bullying and relationships.
● They are encouraged to see the world from a fresh perspective.
● They can begin to set goals for self-improvement.
● They learn to handle and manage emotions.
● They get the support of an objective and non-judgemental mentor.
● They learn to build confidence and social skills.
● They will leave with a new sense of motivation and boost of inspiration.
A life coach will work with them to identify their needs and discuss their concerns. They will act as the support beside them while they jump the hurdles toward a stable future. While some will need a hand held throughout the journey, others may only need to be pointed in the right direction.
How can your teenager enrolling in coaching sessions benefit you as a parent?
- A life coach can approach any subject your child feels unable to talk about with you, such as sexuality, body-image issues and sex. Even though you may not be able to help them personally, you can rest easy knowing they have someone to talk to.
- A life coach will help your child develop mature ways to deal with conflict, stress and anger, which could potentially make family life easier.
- Coaching can help your child to better understand the emotions they are experiencing and how to manage them. When a child appears to lash out or react aggressively, they may be battling feelings of worry or fear. Youth coaching helps young people understand and control their confused emotions, encouraging an easier parent-child relationship.
offers teens and young adults an opportunity to cultivate self-compassion
is an opportunity to for teens and young adults to take back control of their lives and start again
offers older teens and young adults an opportunity to discover what they want to do moving into the next chapter of their lives